01 August 2010

Recipe #33 and #34 - Parmesan Herb Popovers and Herb Crusted Pork Loin

Every few Sundays we try to have T's two brothers over for dinner and this was one of those Sundays. On these Sundays I like to bake something for dessert or a bread to go with dinner. I'm really enjoying having family dinners at our home. We didn't have a lot of family dinners at our own house growing up after my mother passed away when I was ten years old. It's been nice to have this experience now and to really feel like a part of something that I feel I've missed out of for many years.

I chose Parmesan Herb popovers from The Art and Soul of Baking, yet again (Bridget, I hope you're enjoying the book!). This is my go to book to learn to bake anything. I have not had a recipe fail yet.


In addition to this new family tradition we are beginning, I've also started a cooking goal along with my baking goals for the year. A co-worker and I have decided to choose a protein each week and then find one recipe that we'll both make with it.

This week we chose pork and this recipe from Melissa d'Arabian of Food Network. T and I made garlic mashed potatoes, which I boiled in vegetable bullion with two or three cloves of garlic and grilled asparagus as sides. Dinner was delicious and we are so full!

The popovers were incredibly easy to make, taking all of five minutes to mix together and took about 30 minutes to bake, so about 40 minutes total time to complete. They have a wonderful savory flavor and don't need butter or anything extra. They were the perfect compliment to this meal. They would also be fantastic with breakfast. A popover pan is not required (admittedly, I now want one to see what they'll look like) as a muffin pan will do.








1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love it. My manager is leaving on Friday so I'm going to show up in the morning (I'm not scheduled) with Apricot, Almond, and Chocolate Spiraled Coffee Cake. If it goes well, I'm going to make it for my cousin's bridal shower, too. I made the cornbread with herbs, too, and it was fantastic. I think I'm going to try making at least one thing out of it each week.

    ReplyDelete