01 October 2012

Adjusting to Motherhood and Triple Cinnamon Scones

I know I haven't made an update in a few months and I apologize for that. New motherhood is wonderful and overwhelming, amazing and heartbreaking... all at the same time. We gave birth to a beautiful little boy on June 12, 2012. He is incredible and beautiful. We are so in love. I can hardly bear to be away from him to go to work (that's the heartbreaking part). It's amazing to watch him grow and change.

 Birth

Three months old


As you can imagine, I haven't had a lot of time to try out any new recipes. Of course, I've been whipping up my old standards because I can do those with my eyes closed... and with a newborn, many things are done with your eyes half open (it is possible to nap in the shower).

Now, our son is almost 4 months old and I was able to try out a new recipe while his grandparents were visiting. Yippee!

You're going to want to print out this recipe and make it. Trust me.


These scones are melt in your mouth delicious. Great with a hot cup of tea, as breakfast or dessert, as a snack with one eye open peering over the edge of a crib to see if a wee little one is sleeping yet as you try to sneak out of the room quietly.

I found the recipe on the King Arthur Flour website, Triple Cinnamon Scones. The recipe is easy to follow and they are generous enough to provide substitutes if you don't want to order the specific product they're featuring in the recipe. I like that about the company. I tend to buy their products because they are great quality and reasonably priced, but sometimes I don't want to wait for my order to come in the mail to try something out. Sometimes, I want to make most of the recipe from scratch. 



 I loved patting out the batter on the counter and shaping it with my hands. There is something about making baked goods with your hands that is so satisfying.


 The filling for these is amazing. I could have eaten it out of the bowl with a spoon.


The batter has cinnamon chips, the filling has cinnamon and the glaze has cinnamon as well. So so so yummy.

Trust me, you want to follow the link above, print this out and get to baking. This is a perfect brunch recipe for Autumn. It's perfect for a rainy afternoon with a good book. Just bake it!

No comments:

Post a Comment