17 August 2013

Pink Lemonade Cake

I made King Arthur Flour's Pink Lemonade Cake for today's Clandestine Cake Club event. I thought the recipe was well written but did have to adjust the baking time (the recipe read 25-35 minutes, but it was closer to 50 minutes for me). The cake had a nice crumb and was not too dense, but also not particularly light, which I was hoping for as this was a summery cake. The icing was easy to make, but I had to double the batch to make enough to properly ice and decorate the cake. I made it in two separate batches, I cut back on the lemon juice in the second batch because it was a bit intense. Overall, I think the cake was well received. I would recommend the recipe.

The event was really fun. This month's host is house sitting a mansion with beautiful views! I'll include some photographs below, as well as some photographs of the other cakes.














No comments:

Post a Comment