19 April 2009

Three Cake Week

I baked three cakes this week (only 2 of which are pictured below).

I made a Guinness chocolate cake for a party I went to. It's the hostess' favorite. I've made this cake before and it's delicious. It has a cream cheese frosting.

The second cake was my final cake for Course 1. I find the roses frustrating and must practice over the next month. Course 2 does not begin until 16. May 2009. Fortunately, we don't need to create a cake until the last class. Whew! I'll be able to get back on track with WW.



3 comments:

  1. Wow! that rose cake is beautiful! Seems like you learned a lot in this course. What does course two focus on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Below is the description of Course 2. I'm really glad we don't make a cake until the end. Whew!

    Build on the skills you learned in Course 1! Your helpful Wilton Instructor will introduce you to many dramatic techniques to make your cakes unforgettable. Master elegant new borders featuring rosettes, reverse shells and rope designs. Give your cakes incredible dimension with the addition of bold color flow decorations. Create lovely new flowers like rosebuds, daisies, daffodils, mums and more. Use these flowers in a grand finale — an impressive flower basket cake using the interwoven basketweave technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome! I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete