10 July 2010

What to do. What to do.

It's guys night out, so T is at a baseball game with his friends. Although I had options for going out, I decided to stay in because life has been hectic every weekend for the past month and is only going to get more hectic.

I'm feeling antsy though. I should be relaxing on the couch with a glass of wine, a movie and my pup. I've finished all the errands and chores for the weekend, leaving tomorrow wide open.

I'm antsy to bake.

It always seems to calm my nerves.

I have so much on my mind. Our wedding is in seventy days. I keep wondering if we're doing enough. Should I have centerpieces? I don't want them really... they'll get in the way of the giant bowl in the center of the table for lobster, clam and mussel shells. Should I have favors, even though I decided to make a donation to The Arizona Human Society instead? Should we have a brunch on Sunday for our out of town guests? So much to think about...

So tonight, instead of thinking I shall bake Starry Starry Night cookies from Gesine Bullock-Prado's book, My Life From Scratch: A Sweet Journey of Starting Over, One Cake at a Time. You should pick it up, it's a great read. Charming, funny and wonderful. Her macaroons are fantastic.




Edit: 10:30 PM

This is not a recipe to start in the evening as it takes the batter about an hour to firm up in the fridge, minimum and then another hour once scooped in the freezer. I was not able to find a melon baller sized cookie scoop, so my version is much larger than the demo video above. They also needed to bake 13-15 minutes. They smell wonderful and taste even better. By the way, this is recipe #28!










No comments:

Post a Comment