22 December 2010

Happy Holidays and Recipe # 52 - Pfeffernüsse

I did it! Fifty-two new recipes in 2010... well technically fifty-three. Woooooooooo gooooo me!

I'm pretty excited about this one. My husband's family is of German/Scandinavian decent and I wanted to make a holiday cookie this year that reflected that. Luckily for me, my favorite blogger posted many cookie recipes for December, one of which was Pfeffernüsse. It's a spice cookie that is like all the wonderful scents of the holidays made edible. I was also excited to use cardamom for the first time. This cookie is easy to make and I liked that I could make the dough a day ahead to spread out my holiday baking.The recipe can be found here: Confections of a (Closet) Master Baker.








 I also tried a fifty-third recipe, as I mentioned above. Hershey Kiss peanut butter cups from the Hershey's Recipe Collection.

So, what's in store for next year. I'm not sure yet. I have a lot of baking to finish before the holidays and then 10 days off from work! T's mom and I are going to make caramel rolls from scratch, his grandmother's recipe, and she's going to teach me how to make sandbakkels. The I'll relax. A lot.

Once I'm relaxed, I'll get back to you!

Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment: