08 February 2011

Zucchini bread.

What do you do when you realize that you bought two zucchinis and haven't any plans to cook them any time soon? You search your favorite websites/blogs for a zucchini bread recipe.

I went with the recipe on Smitten Kitchen and opted to make the batter into muffins because I do not currently have a non-stick bread pan and my glass bread pans have let me down recently.






 The recipe was easy to follow and I liked the option of adding chocolate chips. I'm of the mind that chocolate makes everything better (although in this instance, my husband and I disagree).

I grated the two zucchini that were hiding out in my fridge. I love my food processor. It makes everything easy and somehow, more fun. 
 Our seasoning, cinnamon, nutmeg,salt, baking powder and soda.
 I added the flour pecans and bittersweet chocolate chips.
 Now, the wet ingredients join the party, vanilla, oil, eggs, sugar and the grated zucchini.
 I used Valentine's Day* muffin liners to be festive. Also, there seems to be a never ending supply of them. I wish you could just buy 24 liners and not have so many left over.
 Mmmmm! My kitchen smells delicious. I love the specks of the spices you can see in the muffin.
Voila! Just look at that melty chocolate and the bits of zucchini! 
 *When I was a kid, I thought the holiday was called Valentime's Day, because it happened once a year and it was time for it in February. I see that my misspelling lead me to flawed logic yet I still think it every year.

~Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment