28 January 2011

Peanut butter chocolate chip pound cake.

I love trying new recipes. On a weekend night, with work early the next morning, I especially love a new recipe with only six ingredients that I happen to always have in the kitchen cupboards.

I found this recipe on Piece of Cake: Freshly Baked Stories, Recipes and Photos. I altered it a bit, using full size bittersweet chocolate chips that I had on hand. I love bittersweet chocolate with anything. This cake comes out moist and delicious. It does not have a strong peanut butter flavor, just a hint that makes you crave another piece.


Your ingredients; butter, sugar, peanut butter, eggs, flour and chocolate chips. That's it.

 One of my favorite sights and smells is butter and sugar creamed together until light and fluffy.
 Double egg yoke! It's supposed to be good luck or something...
 My favorite chocolate chips.
 Ready for the oven.
 I like to cut the cake when it's hot (pound cake can handle it) and see all the melted chocolate inside.
I baked this last night and the whole house smell delicious twenty four hours later. I love having a home that smells of baked goods. I'm off to make this now for dinner guests we're having tomorrow night.

~Beth

1 comment: