04 December 2011

Cinnamon Crown Cake

A few years ago, my mother-in-law and father-in-law gave me a great recipe book (linked in my last post) and a Nordic Ware bundt pan. For some reason, I use it mostly in autumn. Autumn makes me think of cinnamon and coffee cakes, I guess.

I just started a new job in October and decided to bring a treat in for my training group. I made the Cinnamon Crown cake.








It is a beautiful cake that stays moist and has a delicate flavor. Perfect for breakfast or dessert. It calls for applesauce and I was lucky enough to have made homemade applesauce for the first time this year. I froze a large quantity of it and was able to use it in the recipe.





It has a lovely contrast of color when you slice it. Sadly, I didn't not get any photographs of the inside before it was gone. To say the least, it was well received and there was nothing left to bring home!

Next week I'm going to try making baked doughnuts for the first time. I bought myself a doughnut pan the week of Thanksgiving when I was buying new muffin pans for the cloverleaf rolls for our holiday dinner.

For now, I'm off to ice a cake and then maybe a nap. A nap sounds wonderful.  

1 comment: