23 March 2011

Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.

Say that ten times fast! This was adapted from my Nestle Toll House Cookie cookbook. I didn't use Nestle products in the recipe and I added oatmeal for texture. With the peanut butter and butter, these cookies were pretty slippery, the oatmeal gave them balance. I also left out the chopped peanuts. 





I like the hint of cinnamon and the brown sugar, gives them a warm flavor.

 I LOVE these chocolate chips. I'm not sure that "meltier" is actually a word, but they are that and then some. When ever I see the Pillsbury or Nestle cookie advertisements, they break the cookie in half when it is still warm and you see the gooey chocolate chips separating... that doesn't actually happen with Nestle Toll House morsels. Nope. These though, oh my yes, it sure does, even when they've cooled a bit. Now that makes your mouth water.

 Yum! Yum! Yum! (By the way, Adrienne, some of these are headed your way!)
*I just realized I made these (minus the oatmeal) in 2009. Sheesh, I need to keep better track of this stuff! 

B

No comments:

Post a Comment